Wednesday, May 20, 2026
Home / World / WHO head ‘deeply concerned’ by Ebola outbreak as c...
World

WHO head ‘deeply concerned’ by Ebola outbreak as cases and deaths rise in DRC

CN
CitrixNews Staff
·
WHO head ‘deeply concerned’ by Ebola outbreak as cases and deaths rise in DRC

At least 130 people thought to have been killed, says Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus before emergency meeting

The director general of the World Health Organization has said he is deeply concerned about the scale and the speed of the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said there had been at least 500 suspected cases of Ebola and 130 suspected deaths in DRC since the new outbreak began. Thirty cases had been confirmed in DRC’s north-eastern province of Ituri, and one death and one case had been confirmed in Kampala, Uganda, he added. A US citizen has also tested positive and been transferred to Germany.

Continue reading...

Originally reported by The Guardian