President Trump had been under increasing pressure to find a way out after he threatened to wipe out Iran’s civilization on Tuesday night unless Iran reopened the Strait of Hormuz.
Trump Backs Down, but Questions Remain Over Iran and the Strait of Hormuz
Originally reported by New York Times
Related Articles
Efforts to Contain Ebola May Have Been Hindered by Lack of U.S. Involvement
Aid cuts by the Trump administration have shut down crucial disease surveillance networks and medical supply chains in E...
Cuba Says the Trump Administration Is Not Negotiating in Good Faith
Cuba’s ambassador to the United Nations said in an interview that Havana wanted to talk but the Trump administration was...
James Murdoch to acquire New York Magazine and Vox Media Podcast Network
xwhatsapp-strokecopylinkgoogleAdd Al Jazeera on GoogleinfoFILE - In this Sept. 1, 2015, file photo the Vox website is di...
Sinkhole shuts down runway at New York LaGuardia airport
LaGuardia officials said the runway was ‘immediately shut down’. Photograph: NurPhoto/Getty ImagesView image in fullscr...