Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Home / World / Prince Harry and Meghan ‘moving back to Britain th...
World

Prince Harry and Meghan ‘moving back to Britain this month’

CN
CitrixNews Staff
·
Prince Harry and Meghan ‘moving back to Britain this month’
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry The Duke and Duchess of Sussex during a visit to the QuestScope Youth Centre at the Za'atari refugee camp, home to displaced Syrians in northern Jordan, 19 August 2026. Photograph: Aaron Chown/PAThe Duke and Duchess of Sussex during a visit to the QuestScope Youth Centre at the Za'atari refugee camp, home to displaced Syrians in northern Jordan, 19 August 2026. Photograph: Aaron Chown/PAPrince Harry and Meghan ‘moving back to Britain this month’

Reports say Duke and Duchess of Sussex intend to relocate from US, with children to start British school in September

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are planning to return to live in Britain, six years after leaving for the US, it was reported.

The couple and their two children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are expected to relocate later this month to a non-royal residence.

The property is believed to be outside London, and the children are enrolled to start school in September, the Daily Telegraph has reported.

King Charles was informed on Sunday that his son and daughter-in-law are returning to Britain, according to the Telegraph.

It comes after the Sussexes, who have lived in California since 2020, had a reunion with the king last month at Highgrove in Gloucestershire.

The king is said to welcome the opportunity to see more of his family in a personal capacity but there will be no change in their status as private individuals after relinquishing their official working roles within the royal family.

The Prince and Princess of Wales are said to have also been informed of the decision.

The couple are expected to retain their homes in Montecito, California, and Portugal, where they went on holiday earlier this summer.

The duke and duchess’s security arrangements have not been disclosed.

The long-running issue over their security meant that Prince Harry did not bring Meghan, 45, or their children to events in London last month, as had been originally planned.

Prince Harry, 41, has previously stressed he would not feel safe bringing his family back to the UK without police protection.

Explore more on these topicsShareReuse this content

Originally reported by The Guardian. Read the full story at the original source.