By THOMAS GALLATIN & JORDAN CANDLER in Headlines
Dem’ former presidential hopeful convicted, MSM ignores Johns Hopkins study, UPenn female swimmers say no to “trans” teammate, and more.
Top of the Fold
- Democrats’ former presidential hopeful is convicted: He was a rock star with Leftmedia outlets. He was the man taking the fight to Donald Trump and would likely be the one to take him down. He was even touted as a Democrat presidential hopeful. He was Michael Avenatti, a lawyer representing adult performer Stormy Daniels in her lawsuit against Trump. Well, long gone are those pie-in-the-sky sentiments, as this past Friday the disgraced lawyer was convicted of embezzling some $300,000 from his former client Daniels. Avenatti will be spending the next several years residing in a cell, while Trump is living at Mar-a-Lago contemplating another run at the White House.
- MSM ignores Johns Hopkins study on lockdowns: Mainstream media outlets have avoided reporting on Johns Hopkins University’s recently released study on the failed efficacy of COVID lockdowns as if the study itself were the plague. MSM outlets CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, and CBS all avoided any discussion or even acknowledgment of the study, and the online sites for the Associated Press, Reuters, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Axios, USA Today, and Politico likewise completely ignored it. The reason is obvious and has everything to do with the study’s findings and conclusion: “While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no public health effects, they have imposed enormous economic and social cost. In consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy instrument.” That not only doesn’t fit The Narrative™, it refutes it.
- 16 UPenn female swimmers say no to “trans” teammate: Lia Thomas, the male “transgender” swimmer who has been systemically obliterating women’s swimming records as a member of the University of Pennsylvania’s women’s swim team, was hit with the proverbial bucket of cold water last week. Sixteen of his teammates sent a letter to Ivy League officials stating that they don’t want him on the team. While they expressed their support for his decision to “transition,” they also noted “that the biology of sex is a separate issue from someone’s gender identity,” and “biologically, Lia holds an unfair advantage over competition in the women’s category.” They cited that Thomas, who competed on the men’s swim team for three years before transitioning to the women’s team, went “from #462 as a male to #1 as a female.” The letter comes after the NCAA’s Board of Governors decided to leave the policy on “transgenders” competing up to each sport’s national governing body.
- Border crossing arrests hit a new record last year: In news that comes as little shock to anyone paying attention to the situation that the Biden administration has created at the U.S. southern border, last year set a new record for illegal border crossing arrests at 1.9 million. To make matters worse, Border Patrol agents certainly don’t catch everyone, and roughly 20% of the people who were arrested illegally crossing were subsequently released into the U.S. interior. Border Patrol agents have expressed their growing frustration at the Biden administration’s de facto open border, a reality that was evidenced in a recent viral video depicting several agents engaging in a shouting match with Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz.
More From Your Patriot Post Team
- China chooses Uyghur athlete for Olympic ceremony amid ongoing genocide (Daily Wire)
- Dutch reporter dragged away by ChiCom agents during live broadcast (Daily Wire)
- NBC takes a “both sides” approach to Chinese human rights abuses during opening ceremony (National Review)
- Opening ceremony viewership down 43% from 2018 (Axios)
- Olympians decry deplorable food, living conditions at quarantine facilities (Daily Wire)
Government & Politics
- Mike Pence, defending his actions on January 6, rightfully rebukes Trump as “wrong” (ABC News)
- Republican National Committee overwhelmingly votes to censure Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger for sitting on J6 panel (Fox News)
- “Adds fuel to inflation fire”: House passes America COMPETES CONCEDES Act (Washington Examiner)
- GOP voters sue to block New York congressional map (Axios)
Demo Double Standards
- Nancy Pelosi spent more than $500,000 on private jets, has claimed “we have moral obligation” to reduce emissions (Daily Wire)
- Unmasked Stacey Abrams visits Georgia school, where kids still have to mask up (Daily Wire)
COVID Clown World
- Australian police barge into Catholic mass to check for mask compliance (National Review)
- Canadian judge blocks unvaccinated dad’s shared custody of kids (National Review)
- Anti-Defamation League changes definition of racism after Whoopi Goldberg incident (Jerusalem Post)
- Eric Adams apologizes for calling white NYPD officers “crackers” in 2019 video (Washington Times)
- Tennessee BLM founder sentenced to six years in prison for voting illegally (Not the Bee)
- Policy: The educational consequences of masking children (National Review)
- Humor: CNN employees now required to wear chastity belts (Babylon Bee)
For more of today’s editors’ choice headlines, visit Headline Report.
The Patriot Post is a certified ad-free news service, unlike third-party commercial news sites linked on this page, which may also require a paid subscription.
~~Reprinted with permission. See the original article here and leave some comments!